Steak Enchiladas with Tomatillo Sauce
- 3 tomatillos
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 chili pepper
- 1t garlic
- 1t cumin
- 1/2t salt
- 1/2c cilantro
- 1/2 juiced lime
- 1/2lb steak
- 1 green pepper
- 3/4c corn
- some herbs and spices (to taste)
- 3/4c cheddar
- 4 tortillas
- Roast the first four ingredients of the sauce for about 30 minutes at 400F
- Blend with the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Marinate the steak with assorted spices (e.g., a sprinkle of salt and pepper, some cumin, and a drizle of olive oil) while cooking the vegetables in a splash of olive oil with smoked paprika and chili powder.
- Cook the steaks for just 2 minutes per side. Let cool for 15 minutes and then slice thinly.
- Spread half of the sauce in the bottom of the pan, assemble the enchiladas, then pour the rest of the sauce on top. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Are you confused by the distinction between tacos, burritos, and fajitas? Skip the confusion and jump straight into enchiladas!