Moroccan Lamb Sausage and Chickpea Tagine
- 2T olive oil
- 8 lamb sausages
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1t cinnamon
- 2t cumin
- 1t red pepper flakes
- 1t paprika
- 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 14oz can chickpea
- 5 chopped figs
- Heat oil in a dutch oven. Add sausages and brown on all sides, and then set sausages aside on a plate.
- Turn heat to medium-low, and add peppers and onions. Cook or about 3 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the garlic, cinnamon, cumin, red pepper flakes, and paprika, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Return sausages to the pan, then add the tomatoes, figs, and chickpeas (INCLUDING the chickpea water...weird!). Turn up heat and bring to a boil. Turn the heat back down, put the lid back on, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice (or with pita) and enjoy!
The above recipe makes the tagine a bit more soupy than we were expecting, but having some pita to soak up the extra juices? No more problem. A great – and surprisingly quick to put together – meal!
Adapted or sourced from: