Harissa Chicken Thighs with Shallots and Figs
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- some salt and pepper to taste
- 4 roughly chopped shallots
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 8 dried figs (quartered)
- 1T harissa paste
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1.5c chicken stock
- 3 scallions
- 1T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Season thighs with salt and pepper, then sear chicken thighs in cast-iron pan over medium heat (skin-side down for roughly 5 minutes, then flip and cook for roughly 5 more minutes). Remove chicken from pan.
- Cook shallots in the skillet for a few minutes, then add garlic, scallions, and figs. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add the harissa, cinnamon, and chicken stock. Scrape the brown bits from the pan, and add the chicken.
- Transfer cast-iron skillet to the oven, check after 25 minutes.
- Serve (over Israeli couscous, perhaps, with a nice side?) and enjoy!
A classic single-skillet stovetop-to-oven recipe. Perfect for the weekdays, fancy enough for the weekends.
Adapted or sourced from: