Baked French Toast
- 1 loaf of bread
- 4 eggs
- 1c milk
- 1.5T maple syrup
- 2t vanilla
- 3/4t cinnamon
- 1/8t cardamom
- 1/8t nutmeg
- 1/4t salt
- 1.5T butter
- berries to taste
- Grease a 9x13 pan with butter
- Cut the loaf of breaf into slices and then triangles
- Stir together all other ingredients (except the butter)
- Dip each triangle of bread into the mixture, then put into the pan (overlapping the bread triangles a bit). Pour remaining liquid on top of the bread.
- Optional -- spread berries on top!
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or overnight
- Bake covered at 350F for 30 minutes
- Uncover, melt the butter, and pour over the top. Optional -- sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top (or just do this at the table while eating!)
- Return to the oven, uncovered, for 10 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Delicious, will impress guests, approved by two babies.
Adapted or sourced from: